A GUIDE TO THE JOCKNROLL SITE
Hame – That’s “Hame” as in “Home” but in a Scottish way. By the way, in Scotland, the crime of Hamesucking is when you break into someone’s house and then assault them. It’s not trying to get your lips round a semi-detached hoose although nothing would surprise me these days.
Introduction – You are here!
The Artists – There is an Artists home, sorry, Hame page, which links to all the other 6 Artists pages, which are split into A to D, E to H, I to L, M to P, R to S and T to Z. We’ve added Links to all the Artists sites (well as many as we can find) but if we’ve missed any then do let us know. If you were/are in a Scottish band and we’ve missed you out then by all means let us know.
Scottish Pop Trivia – Some trivia and an occasional “just for fun” quiz. If you have three of four interesting pieces of trivia about your favourite band (or one you don’t like), then let us know at the usual address and we’ll add them.
Jocknroll News Blog – The blog used to host stuff to do with the polls we ran but now it hosts radio show playlists, the occasional review and rants on whatever takes my fancy, as is my wont.
Memories – A page for the most interesting comments from all our voters. Again, we’ve had some great stories.
Album Poll 2007 – This is where the final results of the 2007 Album chart (Best and Worst) will live and every other stat list Dave can think of. That boy loves his Stats.
Singles Poll 2006 – The final results of our Great Jock ‘n’ Roll Singles Poll from 2006-2007, plus a few stats.
Links – Links to as many bands/artists (non-Scottish), labels, record shops, venues, festivals, famous people, DJs, websites etc. as we can find links for. Let us know if we’ve missed you out. You publicise us and we’ll publicise you.
Who we didn’t include as Scottish (during the polls) but now, in a spirit of forgiveness and to appease Paul from the Trashcan Sinatras, we now feature.
- Rod Stewart (born in England and as Scottish as Jimmy Hill)
- KLF (only 50% Scottish even though they include a Jimmy)
- Eurythmics (as above so was ineligible under the “KLF Rule”)
- Marillion (as above meets Godzilla)
- Snow Patrol (they couldn’t be any more Irish if they were Guinness – although they now seem to have upped their Jockanese quota so may be eligible for future polls)
- AC/DC (only two of the regular five were Scottish and that was a long time ago. Paul, are you happy now?)
- Ultravox (only one Scotsman)
- Fairground Attraction (Obviously Eddi Reader is Scottish but as far as we are aware no-one else in the band was, is or will ever be)
Who we did include as Scottish
- Lloyd Cole and the Commotions (only one Sassenach and you know which one that is)
- Scotland World Cup Squad (like it or not, they’ve had hits, just not on the field of play)
- Big Country (not one of them was born in Scotland but they’re Scots-bred in every other way. They’re the exception that proves the rule.)
- This Mortal Coil (but only for the Cocteau Twins heavy “Song To The Siren”)
- Franz Ferdinand (only one of them was born in Scotland but, like Big Country, they’re Scottish in every other way)
Who we’re not sure about as Scottish
No-one yet but we’ll think of someone. Mark my words.
JOCKNROLL HIGH SCHOOL
This page has the following sub pages.